Financial planning for real estate investors
Coordinated legal, tax, and compliance solutions.
Home > Services > Real Estate Investors
Your Real Estate Strategy
Real estate is a means to an end. The reference to “end” does not refer to death or sale of investments. It refers to your goal in purchasing, holding, and/or working with real estate. Identifying the “end” can help you find your optimal real estate portfolio given your risk tolerance and preferences. There are number of factors to consider.
- The type(s) of property. From commercial or residential, be it long-term or short-term, to specialty properties, such as self-storage units, post offices, mobile home parks, etc.
- The risk profile for the property. From A & B grade investments, NNN properties, and other subsidized properties to properties secured by deeds or leveraged college rentals, fix-and-flip, or even timeshare deals.
- How the property is to be financed. From cash purchases to loans, including government-backed loans, portfolio loans, non-traditional loans, to loans from family and friends.
- How the property is to be held. From direct ownership, joint or fractional ownership, leasing arrangements, and other pooled options, such as partnerships and joint ventures to syndications, trusts, and even mutual or exchange-traded funds.
- Your role for the property. You may prefer active or passive in terms of finding, financing, managing, repairing, and selling or exchanging the property.
- The expected performance of the property. From property requiring CapEx outlays to extensive ongoing repairs over time to properties that produce finance-induced losses (before or after depreciation) for time or are cash flow positive.
- The tax benefits or burdens given your financial situation. From capital gains, deferral techniques, exclusions, and tax credits, such as bonus depreciation, expensing, and 1031 exchanges, to related party installment sales and other partnership structures.
- The exit strategy for the property. From short-term holds and fix-and-flips to long-term or exchange properties.
It All Starts With a Plan
We provide comprehensive financial planning for real estate investors.
We strive to help clients avoid financial foot faults and to make smart financial decisions.
We provide comprehensive financial planning and, depending on client needs, al la carte services. These services usually involve:
- Asset Protection Planning
- Bookkeeping & Accounting
- Business Entities & Advice
- Business Succession Planning
- Estate Plans & Probate Administration
- Real Estate Planning
- Retirement & Employee Benefits
- Tax Strategies & Planning
While tax planning is included last on this list, tax planning is our focus. This is one of our differentiators from other financial planners. We are always looking for ways to help our clients save money on taxes. We excel at proactive tax planning, in addition to real estate forecasting and modeling.